filmscanners: Sprintscan 120 problems - negs

HI

I brought the sprintscan just over a week ago and have had problems scanning
negs - they seem to display quite visible noise; I think this is a scanner
problem but wanted to confirm. As with most problems it is best to view for
yourselves so if possible please look at
http://www.aucklandphotographer.co.uk/sprintscan.html
The image is a section of a 6x9 NPS neg (about 500k); a variety of negs
display a similar fault, as do using various software packages (silverfast,
vuescan etc)

I need to know whether anyone else has seen this problem, especially people
also using the sprintscan 120.
Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,
Craig

Craig Auckland | Photographer

Tel:            +44 (0)7930 337 226
Fax:            +44 (0)7931 607 428
Email:  craig@aucklandphotographer.co.uk
Portfolio:      www.aucklandphotographer.co.uk
providing images of the built environment

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.