filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Slide scanner question.

Eric wrote:
>Nikon LS IV  2900DPI with Digital ICE, ROC and Gem software  approx $750.00
>http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN/CSIV/C4A.HTM
>Nikon Supercoolscan 2000 2700 DPI with ICE, ROC and GEM software multipass
>scanning  approx. $750.00
>http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/LS2K/LS2KA.HTM
>Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 multipass scanning and higher resolution and
>silverfast software  around $699.00 with a $200.00 rebate
>http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN/SS4000/SS40A.HTM
>not going to print them, yet, just scan and post on web and other things...

Those three scanners will give you more than enough resolution for the web,
in fact more than enough to print up to A3.  I wouldn't go for the LS2000
- if anyone is still selling them it's old stock or a refurb.  The LSIV
has better resolution.  Of those three I'd go for the SS4000 given the price
an dknowing the results from the scanner - unless you have a lot of old
dirty films you want to scan.  If the films are all clean and new, go for
the Polaroid.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com