filmscanners: W2K vuescan memory problems

Hi all,

I'm having problems with Vuescan scanning very large scans, and getting
memory warnings, like:

Warning:
Unable to allocate 638Mb memory
Try increasing the amount of virtual memory

I have tried everything in terms of increasing the Virtual Memory/Paging
file size, and it seems to make no difference. I've got over 4000 Mb
allocated on my second drive, (max and min set the same) no other programmes
of any consequence running, and still get this call.
I have 1.5Gb of RAM, W2K,SP1 (should I get SP2?) and dual 1Ghz processors.
I have tried moving the file around from my second drive, to include the
first, C, drive, the RAID system (neither of which microsoft recommends)
etc. no difference.

any suggestions out there?
I have tried with Ed and he thinks its a peculiarity of my particular
system, although no oter programme gives this problem. (eg Nikonscan or
Photoshop, using equally or even larger files)
Is there a freeware to check up on memory issues? or a specific way to
allocate more RAM to vuescan?
I asked before if anyone out there had a Nikon 8000 using Vuescan and got
zero response, but I cant believeI'm the only one, really?

Paul

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.