Re: filmscanners: About 12 or 16 bits

on 10/27/01 11:41 AM, Austin Franklin wrote:

> Sorry, you're not right.  I believe the 12 bit data is raw data with no
> setpoints at all...those have to be manually set in PS.  The 12 data will be
> high bit justified in the 16 bit word, and no intermediate values will be
> "interpolated" and there will be gaps between valid data points.  These gaps
> are not relevant.

I just had a thought about high bit vs Low bit justification. Does the
scanner do anything different in the firmware (this is where the
justification comes into play, right) when you are scanning negatives vs
positives, or is it all handled in the software? Wondering if one type of
film might be high bit justified while another is low bit justified, or is
that not variable in that way?

Todd

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.