RE: filmscanners: About 12 or 16 bits

> suppose that the white point is converted from step 2^12 in the 12 bits
> scale to 2^16 in the 16 bit scale and the intermediary steps are just
> interpolated (without any gain in the image quality). Am I right?

Sorry, you're not right.  I believe the 12 bit data is raw data with no
setpoints at all...those have to be manually set in PS.  The 12 data will be
high bit justified in the 16 bit word, and no intermediate values will be
"interpolated" and there will be gaps between valid data points.  These gaps
are not relevant.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.