Apache-Talk @lexa.ru

Inet-Admins @info.east.ru

Filmscanners @halftone.co.uk

Security-alerts @yandex-team.ru

nginx-ru @sysoev.ru

      :: Filmscanners

filmscanners: About 12 or 16 bits

The specifications from my Microtek Artixscan 4000t (the same as the
Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 in another box, except for the firmware) state a 36
bits depth. The Microtek scanning software (ScanWizard Pro) allows the
choice between  RGB 24 and RGB 48 bits. It seems that the maximum resulting
"quality" is 12 bits by channel and the sofware only translates to 16 bits
by channel, allowing compatibility with programs such as Photoshop. I
suppose that the white point is converted from step 2^12 in the 12 bits
scale to 2^16 in the 16 bit scale and the intermediary steps are just
interpolated (without any gain in the image quality). Am I right?

Mrio Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com