Re: filmscanners: best film scanner for b&w negs

Hi Harvey--

So according to your summary of the discussion on the ColorSync list
they decided that the artifacts being discussed were caused by
scanner noise in dense areas. Certainly a well-known phenomenon.  I
on the other hand was referring to an instance where I caught myself
erroneously attributing the effects of film grain to scanner noise.
As far as I can tell we were talking about two different things.

--Bill

>At 1:39 PM -0400 23-10-01, SKID Photography wrote:
>
>The threads on the colorsync list...
>The consensus of most was that the grain that was showing up in the
>dense shadows from the greater
enlargements (samples) was due to the problem of electronic noise,
and not, in fact grain...

--

Bill Fernandez  *  User Interface Architect  *  Bill Fernandez Design

(505) 346-3080  *  bill_sub@billfernandez.com  *  http://billfernandez.com