Re: filmscanners: OT: Monitor Purchase

Sony is the best and in some aspects are better than Barco. Unfortunately the
GDM-F500R is a disaster and Sony replaced it with the GDM-F520 quickly, nothing
beats this one for now (Barco is better in several aspects).

Sony will have 0.15mm dot pitch CRT display soon FYI.

JM Shen

> Monitor 1 was a Sony GDM-F500R for $1,800.  This was supposedly one
> of the best monitors on the market (once you rule out Barco).  It
> arrived out of convergence, fuzzy, and I couldn't remove the color
> cast.
> In summary, the Sony's doing fine but I'm angry that it cost more and
> is fuzzy enough that I notice it.  The Mitsubishi is sharp as a tack,
> a joy to use, and I'd buy another in a minute if I needed one.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.