Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

The 1200 baud modem was fairly common in 1984.  The 2400 baud modem became
common in 1985 or so.

In 1978 when I was in college, 110 baud was the best that we could do until
they upgraded to a staggering 300 baud.

There were not 2400 baud modems in 1971.

Perhaps arguements would be more useful with actual facts.

I'll tell you. I got back on the list a week or so ago, but these stupid
pissing contests are about to drive me away.  Who cares about modem speeds
and magnetic tray tables  -- particularly the 50 or so posts after it was
clearly proven to be a hoax.  If they have a direct relationship to
filmscanning, I can't find it.  Even the Napster discussion is a stretch,
but I can at least say copyright discussions can apply to photography.

Is it always this bad?  Should I just give up?  I must have had 30-40 posts
from Austin and Anthony today -- all of which should have been offlist.

Tom