Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

Harvey writes:

> Because creative people's work has *worth* ...

Whereas the work of non-creative people does not?

> ... and we live in a capitalist system.

A capitalist system is not one that I would expect to give rise to something as
discriminatory as copyright protection.

> If the creative types don't get/take the financial
> compensation, the corporate types will.

Why aren't creative types paid just once, when they do the work, like everyone
else?  A bricklayer does not receive residuals for every building that he helped
to construct.  A lawyer who prepares a form contract does not receive a royalty
each time the contract is used.

> The consumers will *never* a savings due the
> lack of payment to the creators.  It will just
> be viewed as more profit for the higher ups.

Not if royalties are abolished entirely.  Everyone would be paid just once for
the work he does, at the time he does the work.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.