Re: filmscanners: Importance of Copyright on Images

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Pat writes:
>
> > Plenty of groups do work once and get paid
> > forever. For example: inventors who license their
> > patent, actors who earn residuals, songwriters,
> > authors. I think anyone in a creative field
> > basically has that benefit.
>
> Yes ... but why?

Because creative people's work has *worth*, and we live in a capitalist system.
 If the creative types don't
get/take the financial compensation, the corporate types will. The consumers
will *never* a savings due the
lack of payment to the creators.  It will just be viewed as more profit for the
higher ups.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.