Re: filmscanners: Provia 400 F - Test to make you weep

"Jawed Ashraf" <Jawed@cupidity.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> With this recent talk that brought up the subject of Provia 400F, I
thought
> I'd link to this:
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/iso100-400.htm

The author has been raving about the D30 since he bought it which is nice
for him,
but of no significance to me.  Unless I win lotto there's no likelihood of
me buying
a D30.  The 400F scans look nice to me; just a bit of grain and a loss of
some
shadow detail.  Comparing flower photos doesn't really show the advantage of
400 speed film - try photographing a Mig 19 flying past at 400 kmh with a
300mm
zoom lens hand held and... ;)

But then I'm not as picky as some.  In a lot of cases I just need to get *a*
photo,
not the "perfect" photo.  The real reason for my interest in 400F is that
I'm often
taking photos where I need fast shutter speeds, and 400ASA print film shows
lot of apparent grain when scanning at 2700ppi.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.