filmscanners: MacWorld Scanner Review

David, All:
        The current issue of MacWorld (October) has a review of 7
film scanners by Bruce Fraser.  From what I've seen of Bruce's work,
I'm sure the review was done carefully.  The Polaroid SS4000 scored
the highest (combination of performance and price?).  All the
scanners did well, though two others that did well were the Minolta
Scan Elite (for negatives) and the Nikon 4000ED.

David Hemingway:
        First, congratulations on the good review.
        Second, what, if you can say, are Polaroid's plans to support
Mac OS X?  VueScan already is beginning to support OS X, but I assume
that it will need a Polaroid "driver" to work from.  Also, will
PolaColor and Silverfast support OS X on the Mac?
                Regards,
                Bob

--

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.