filmscanners: SS4K - Good news

I took the case of the SS4000 apart today and used a photographic brush
and canned air on the sensor.  I couldn't see anything blocking the sensor
before I started, but the important thing now is that the scanner works
again!  Thanks to everyone for their help.  Full points to Polaroid for
sending the brush even though it didn't resolve the problem in this case
- they even sent a replacement when the first one took over a week to arrive.

Now I can bring in some slides tomorrow and try a comparison with the LS30.
:)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com