Re: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

Have you actually worked with a Nikon LS-4000? It's a very fine piece of
machinery that is easily worth its price. I definitely wouldn't buy on the
basis of their name as I've had beefs with Nikon in the past. A few years
ago I ditched my Nikon cameras and lenses and replaced them with a couple
of Canon EOS1n's and Canon lenses and never looked back. Names don't
impress me. Only performance matters. I've never seen a single post on this
list by anyone who bought a Nikon scanner simply for its nameplate. Its
competitors have excellent quality also but if you need ICE^3, like the
Nikon's film handling and modularity and their software interface then it's
worth the bucks.

I bought my Nikon LS-4000 because of it's superior film handling
>capabilities.  I fail to understand how this feature can be continually
>overlooked in a day and age where everyone in the world (at least on this
>forum) seems to be pressed for time.  I don't care who made them or what
>brand name is on them, the Nikon strip and roll film adapters are
>hassle-free time savers.   What is your time worth to you?  to your loved
>ones?

If it had Mickey Mouse on its nameplate and performed as good as it does
I'd still have bought one.

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/, http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.