Re: filmscanners: OT: Photoshop Clone Tool - HELP!

I still think saving the file is probably a better solution. I spent quite
sometime working out what to do with the setup (mainly ICC). I am happy with
how it works and I know that right now it would probably take about 1/2 hour
to remember how to set it up again. If I set it up again a year from now it
will probably take me longer as I will remember less. I can always delete
the file if I find my backup to be duff too, but it will only take a couple
of minutes to check and if I save the file now and discover a problem in 3
months it is hardly likely that the file is somehow corrupt.

Similarly I only ever use "Windows update" to tell me which files I need. I
then locate them (sometimes a pain) download and save them on my hard drive.
I know I will probably re-install at some point and I don't want to spend
50hours downloading all the files from MS and other suppliers. They seem to
think we all have endless bandwidth. In the UK 56K modems is about as good
as it gets for most of the population.

Steve

P.S. Some MS downloads IE have a little (500K) download that runs a massive
download (50MB) - its bloody infuriating. I find the files being downloaded
and set them read only to stop it removing them. I really would like to know
why we don't get the option to keep them.