Re: filmscanners: Custom ICC printer profiles

I have the 1270 and largely follow Ian Lyons advice and found it works well
:

http://www.computer-darkroom.co.uk

Follow the link "Tutorial - Basic Printing in Photoshop 6 for PC Windows
Users!" - there's a Mac one too.

The direct link is currently:

http://www.rgbnet.co.uk/ilyons/epson_print/ps6_print.htm

but is possibly more likely to change.

I am colour blind so I may be more easy to please - but other people are
impressed by the prints too.

I find my 1270 has greater contrast than my screen and blues in particular
come out quite a bit darker especially on EHWM. There are also a few squares
of colours from my Q60 that change into something significantly different.
But I would say that my Epson matches the screen far nearer than my
calibrated Artixscan 4000 (SS4000) whether I use Silverfast/Vuescan or Scan
Wizard Pro. The Fuji Frontiers at Photobox also match my Epson prints fairly
closely (to me) - more contrast still, sharper and a little more neutral
(Photobox colour balancing ?).

If I do the colour proof in PS the screen looks slightly closer to the
print. It's still quite a bit off perfect but I do know 95% what will come
out of the printer. It seems adequate to me if not perfect. But as Rob says
its a £300 printer.

Steve