RE: filmscanners: Scanning and memory limits in Windows

I understood and would like someone to confirm that the Windows resource
meter had nothing to do with how much RAM you had, it was only a measure of
usage of some stack or similar.

When I increased my RAM I didn't notice any change, and I still regularly
run out of resources because I seem to run some programmes that are heavy
on resources (Eudora and Info Select) and because windows is just hopeless
at managing resources, and because IE5 gets confused and refuses to
release, until there are no more left.  I have to reboot regularly just to
regain resources.

I'd also like to know if it is true as Tony suggests that aver 512MB or RAM
is a waste, as I was thinking of getting more RAM on the weekend.

Julian

Win 98 non-SE
384MB RAM

At 04:03 27/07/01, you wrote:
>.  I noticed in both systems that since
>the addition of the RAM the Windows resources meter shows proportionately
>less system resources being used than previously (ie., more system's
>resources available), which is one thing which I take as an indication that
>the additional RAM above 512 is being taken into account.

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.