filmscanners: Nikon Coolscan IV ED vs 4000 ED

Apart from the test in Popular Photography, do you know any other
comparisons of those two sanners? I'm highly interested in such a test as
well as one of Canon's FS-4000. I don't expect Canon to have sufficient
Dmax, so in fact I can considers purchase of one of Nikon scanners.
My initial plan was to buy the 8000ED but reading this list I realized that
there are so many peculiarities and so much practice needed that it'd be
better for me to learn the trade with the IV  ED, after that sell it and buy
the 8000ED. The 10% of my film which are MF can wait 18 months for being
scanned. What do you think?
How does the Nikon Coolscan IV ED compare with 4000ED and... LS-2000?

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski

online portfolio
www.zakrzewski.art.pl

P.S.
IV ED is sold in Poland with Silverrfast 5.0 SE. Version. Do you think
uprage to full 5.0 version is worthwhile?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.