Re: filmscanners: Vuescan blue anomaly

....and I thought it was me, or maybe, I just wasn't holding
my mouth right.

I too have had a problem  that looks just like this.
I have seen the 'blue highlights' phenomenon occur using Kodak
Supra 400 & 100 negatives. I have not experienced
this with Provia 100F slides.

I also find that shutting down VS and restarting clears the problem.
It is a puzzler.
-JimD

At 12:11 PM 7/22/01 +0100, Tony Sleep wrote:
>I have finally managed to catch VS red-handed WRT it's occasional
>excess
>highlight blue in Superia 400 scans. I had thought this was an
>anomalous
>behaviour to do with the films 4th layer response under some shooting
>circumstances. It cannot be as the problem did not occur on one frame,
>then
>did on the next with the exact same settings. Shutting down VS and
>restarting clears the problem.
>
>Example scans at www.halftone.co.uk/tech/filmscan/vuescan/vsblue.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.