RE: filmscanners: Nikon MF LED light source...

Austin wrote:

>I don't believe film base opacity is standardized...so different films
>would yield different DMin.

That's true. But they'd also start with a different DMax, with more than the
density of air. The dynamic range would (or should) remain nearly
constant--although the values are admittedly not linear, AIKI.

To achieve a measurement of DMin with an empty frame, you'd have to short
out the LEDs, wouldn't you? Sounds like a curious way to run a test lab. :-)
  Oh, well, enough of this. We all know they exagerate.

Best regards--LRA