Re: filmscanners: Scanner resolution (was: BWP seeks scanner)

Austin Franklin wrote:

> Huh?  How do they get even illumination, muchless correct wavelength light,
> from LEDs as the light source?  That wouldn't be my first choice I don't
> believe, for a light source, or for filtering the light!

Yes, Austin, that is how the Nikons work.  They have 4 sets of LEDs, R,
G, B and IR.  It is, in part, why 1) Nikons tend to exaggerate the dust
and dirt, and 2) why they have some problems with DOF on the edges due
to the low LUX intensity of the LEDs, leading to the need for a very
wide open lens not allowing for enough DOF for the curvature of much film.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.