Re: filmscanners: Used Nikon LS-20 for sale

Art wrote:

>You have my sympathies.  They must have international training for their
>service people.  Your story was repeated here by Nikon Canada in my dealings
>with them with their camera service division.

I'm not big on "International Conspiracy Theories," so I have to defer to Ed's
comment that Incompetence is more likely than Malice--I can't quote Ed's exact
text because an International Conspiracy ate my email-files! ;-)

What remains is that there is *still a lot* to do in Customer Service, not only
with filmscanners (which remains a nitch market) but in the electronics
industry in general. I am positive that it's doable. I'm less confident that
the Accountants will ever see its value.

Best regards--LRA

On Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:24:29
 Arthur Entlich wrote:

>Karsten Petersen wrote:
>
>> Hi Art,
>>

>>> Can I ask you two silly questions?
>>>
>>> 1) Why did Nikon charge you DM351 to fix a scanner which was operating
>>> within the normal "technical limitations" of the scanner?
>>

>> They claimed that they have cleaned it, and that it was working properly
>> AFTER their action. I could not make out any difference in the results
>> before and after, judging from test scans.
>>

>>> 2) Why would you spend DM351 to have a scanner serviced which you were
>>> going to put on sale for less than the servicing cost?
>>

>> Simple: at the time I had it serviced, I had not intended to sell it,
>> because I had hoped that the service would remedy the problem. I've had had
>> an extended discussion with Nikon's service agant about the whole affair,
>> but they were uncooperative. After that, I didn't pursue the matter further
>> because I considered it a waste of time, nerves, and money.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Karsten
>
>Hi Karsten,
>
>You have my sympathies.  They must have international training for their
>service people.  Your story was repeated here by Nikon Canada in my
>dealings with them with their camera service division.
>
>I've also given up with them.
>

>Art

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!