Re: filmscanners: open and control

In <LPBBJFCBPOJLKOKMFBJBMEDKEDAA.laurie@advancenet.net>, Laurie Solomon
wrote:

> currently copyrights in the US are valid for the
> life of the originator even if assigned to someone else, I believe, and are
> renewable for a limited length of time only once.

I think you may be confusing copyrights for an "artistic" works, such as a
book or piece of music, and those for trademarks etc. In most of the world
artistic copyright now extends to 70 years after the death of the author. The
copyright can be sold or transferred to another person or a company, or
passed to the authors descendants but it still only extends to the 70 years
after the death of the original author or creator. Copyright on such things
as the Coca-Cola trademark goes on for ever, or at least for as long as it is
still in use.

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.