Re: filmscanners: CD RW Deal

Hi Lynn,

Do you live near Columbus? We'll be exhibiting at the Columbus Arts
Festival this week that starts tomorrow.

The article did say that despite the rock bottom prices, the companies
still had to pay an 8.3 cents per CD royalty for every CD made.

Larry

> >The shortages are blamed on three things:
> >Soaring demands
> >Consolidation among CD manufacturers
> >High patent royalties
>
>There was another signifficant reason listed: a lot of small companies
>geared up their factories and went "b*lls-out" to produce discs without
>purchase orders. Then they were stuck with inventories which they sold at
>bankrupcy prices (in fact the case with many companies). Hence, the
>10-cent CD-R.
>
>PC World didn't speculate whether the "Three-times Increase" would be for
>the 10-cent discs, or across the board. We'll see. :-)

Larry Berman

http://BermanGraphics.com
http://IRDreams.com
http://ImageCompress.com