Re: filmscanners: VueScan Question

Walter Bushell wrote:

> Dear Mr. Hamrick:
>
> Is it necessary to rescan with infrared every time, IOW, when doing
> multiple scans of the same film is it necessary to do an IR scan every
> time?
>
> With my ScanWit 2740 scanner it takes about 35 minutes to do a 16 pass
> scan (including the 16 IR scans), with a 666* Pentium III and 128 MB
> ram. With 48 bit scanning and heavy cleanup it does a great job on my
> problem film, but for a 4 fram shot its go take a walk time.
>

> * Dell says 667, but we really know what's happening.

How dare Dell take such liberties with their rounding off of processor
speeds.

Off with their heads ;-)

You raise a good point about the 2740 Acer.  Unlike the other dICE
scanners (which have an Infrared channel) which do the IR scan at the
same time as the color scans, Acer requires a separate IR scan.  It does
seem a bit unnecessary to do 16 IR scans, one would think.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.