Re: filmscanners: Used Nikon LS-20 for sale

Karsten Petersen wrote:

> It sometimes makes subtle stripes in the very dark areas of a slide (that's
> the reason why I recently bought a Polaroid SS4000... quite happy with it!).
> I had it serviced by Nikon a couple of weeks ago (cost me DM351), they say
> these results are "normal" and due "to the technical limitations of an 8-bit
> scanner". Thus, according to Nikon, the scanner is in perfect working
> condition. (If you ask me [or my photo gear supplier], that's a bunch of
> BS.)

Can I ask you two silly questions?

1) Why did Nikon charge you DM351 to fix a scanner which was operating
within the normal "technical limitations" of the scanner?

2) Why would you spend DM351 to have a scanner serviced which you were
going to put on sale for less than the servicing cost?

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.