filmscanners: VueScan Question

Dear Mr. Hamrick:

Is it necessary to rescan with infrared every time, IOW, when doing
multiple scans of the same film is it necessary to do an IR scan every
time?

With my ScanWit 2740 scanner it takes about 35 minutes to do a 16 pass
scan (including the 16 IR scans), with a 666* Pentium III and 128 MB
ram. With 48 bit scanning and heavy cleanup it does a great job on my
problem film, but for a 4 fram shot its go take a walk time.

* Dell says 667, but we really know what's happening.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.