Re: filmscanners: Acquiring images with VuePrint 7.7b, Pro/32 Edition & PhotoShop 5.0 with a Microtek Scanner

VuePrint and VueScan are different and separate programs - it sounds to me
like you have only VuePrint.  Go back to http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html and
download "VueScan" - if you have paid the $40 to register VuePrint then
VueScan is already registered as well, and if you haven't then you will be
trying VueScan as a demo.

VuePrint is an image viewing and manipulation program and performs the same
functions as PhotoShop and in my case PhotoPaint.  VueScan is a scanning
program - it does *not* get images through the HP or Microtek TWAIN
software, it is a substitute for the TWAIN software and performs the scan
itself, and then saves the image as a .tif or .jpg image and, at your
option, further launches the graphics program of your choice, be it VuePrint
or PhotoShop or anything else, and opens the image in that graphics program.

Once you download and try out VueScan you will see what I mean.

P.S.  I'm not sure if VueScan will work with the HP but it should work with
the Microtek per the Help file.  IMHO you will find that VueScan does a
better job of scanning than the HP or Microtek software.

Also, it's not my list but my understanding is that plain text should be
used.

Maris