Re: filmscanners: OK, Vuescan is driving me nuts

Lynn Allen:
>I *always* do the touchup in another program, and I'm leaning toward doing
>*all* of the
>color-correction from Raw scans there, too.

Is that with slides or negs Lynn? I have been trying some processing of raw neg
scans in PS lately, but reproducing the tonal range/gamma that VueScan's crop
file achieves is not easy for me. Should I be restoring the full 0 - 255 (or
slightly less) range of the RGB channels before or after gamma/ curve
correction? Also, presumably it is best to get the Invert function out of the
way first, so that you can see what you are doing on a positive image.

It is all a bit hit and miss so far.

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.