Re: filmscanners: Sharpen before retouching

On Thursday, April 19, 2001 Lynn Allen wrote:

> IMO, I think some of us need to make apologies to the writer who sharpened
> his image before doing further corrections. I just did it, and while I
> wouldn't exactly recommend it as a standard procedure, is *does* have some
> advantages:
>
> 1) Problems are clearer
>
> 2) Problems show up on a less-than-100% view.

I usually sharpen images before working on them so I get a feel for what I
may/want to end up with and to spot problem areas.  Then undo the unsharp mask
before making corrections.

(Problem is it takes for ever to find the problems seen earlier. ;)

Regards

Bob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.