RE: filmscanners: Scanning large format without a bank loan

Some time ago, at the request of several on this list, I published some VERY
informal tests of the Epson Perfection 1640 at http://www.lauby.com/scanner

The images include one photo (church picture) that Jerry was kind enough to
print Piezo, with results that amazed us both.  Since most of my images are
6x7, the flatbed will work for me, at least until more complete tests are in
on the Nikon and Polaroid medium format film scanners.

I haven't tried Ed's software on this machine yet (work is interfering with
my photo passions!) but plan to do so, since I haven't been able to get good
results with black and white.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.