Re: filmscanners: Re Insight or Photoshop?

This would depend upon your level of expertise with Photoshop.  If you are a
novice, stick with Insight; it's quick and easy and gives reasonably good
results.  If you are good at Photoshop, use Insight to output a raw 16bit
file with profile embedded, and do the adjustments in Photoshop.  Or you can
try Vuescan.

STEPHEN    JENNINGS
    P h o t o g r a p h e r
       Cambridge, MA
sgjennin@ix.netcom.com

> From: Sisk98@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 11:10:07 EDT
> To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
> Subject: filmscanners: Re Insight or Photoshop?
>
> I, m new to this site  so if this has been covered already, I apologized. My
> scanner is the Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 with Insight. I use Photoshop 5.0. I
> would like to produce high quality 11x17 inch prints on my Epson 1200
> printer. My question is...should I use the Insight software for my
> adjustments or just do a basic scan and do most of the adjustments in
> Photoshop? Also should I sharpen the image at all before the final scan or do
> it in Photoshop. Thank-you.    S. Sisk

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.