Re: filmscanners: Neg film for scanning

The bothe the Imation slides and Ferrania (3M) C-41 negative scan very well in
VueScan.  (I have not touched my NikonScan in ages.)  I have not see much in the
way of scretches on the film/slides even under magnification in PS.  There have
been some scratches but very, very few.  Maybe one in one frame for each 15
rolls processed.

Gordon

>  From what you have said I take it that the movie film is no longer used by
> these processors; does this mean that they are now using standard still films
> which any regular C-41 lab
> can process?  How does the current film scan, resist scratching, etc. - if you
> know.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.