Re: filmscanners: GEM & the LS2000

As I understand it, GEM does not require specific hardware on the
scanner (like an infrared channel that ICE requires) to operate.
However, it is tweaked to the scanner's electronics.  I also do not
believe it has to be in firmware.  I'm fairly sure the GEM upgrade for
the Minolta Multi product only required software, however, I don't
believe it can easily be implemented generically to a scan.

Art

Jules wrote:

> is GEM available only at the hardware level?  or is there a way to do GEM
> post scan?  more specifically will i ever be able to take a raw scan (RGBI)
> from the LS2000 and do GEM processing on it?
>
> --
> j u l e s @ p o p m o n k e y . c o m
> http://www.popmonkey.com/jules

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.