Re: filmscanners: GEM & the LS2000

Jules writes ...

> is GEM available only at the hardware level?  or is there a way to
do GEM
> post scan?  more specifically will i ever be able to take a raw scan
(RGBI)
> from the LS2000 and do GEM processing on it?

    GEM doesn't use the IR channel nor is it dependent on any
hardware.  However, when I asked ASF about their plans for a Photoshop
filter plugin for grain removal, they did imply the algorithm needed
to be tweaked specific to the scanner used ... and I can't imagine why
it would not need to be tweaked for the film as well (... apparently
not, but I'd certainly like to know why film characteristics can be
generalized while scanner characteristics cannot ...)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.