Re: filmscanners: 110 film

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:35:24 -0500 (EST)  Lynn Allen (lalle@email.com) wrote:

>  "Which
> film scanner would be best for 110 film?", something I haven't actually seen
> addressed here, so far.
>
> Point One, it would need to be a fairly hi-res scanner.

Anything more than ~2700ppi is likely to be limited by the quality of the
format. Grain and poor film flatness were hallmarks of 110, plus of course most
of the cameras were low quality.

> Point Two, it would need a carrier specifically designed for 110 or 16mm
> film. I don't know if that exists, but I think that's what the question was
> about.

I don't know of any.

> Most anything else would probably involve a hand-made "cludge" to carry the
> film through, other than hand-cutting the film into somewhat "clutterable"
> little pieces that would fit in a 2x2 frame but be hard to store afterwards.

Stuffing the 2x2's into filing sheet pockets will be easier than engineering a
film holder...

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &