From:   Frank Parrotta [mailto:fparrotta@tscwo.com]
Sent:   Thursday, March 22, 2001 3:36 PM
To:     'filmscanners@halftone.co.uk'
Subject:        RE: filmscanners: Vuescan - Ed Hamrick - Thanks

I guess I have to agree with these sentiments.  I use a SS4000 and an Epson
1640 SU Photo mostly for astrophotos which means I do raw scans and process
in PS and/or PW.  Since Polaroid appears to have stopped developing software
for the SS4000, my only option was Silverfast.  To go this route, it would
require a different package for each system costing a total of ~$500.  The
features I really wanted were multi-scanning and better grain removal.
These I got with Vuescan for $40 with essentially unlimited upgrades and
unlimited e-mail technical support from the developer.  If that's not one of
the best deals going, I don't know what is.

Regards,

Frank

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.