Re: filmscanners: Vuescan - Ed Hamrick - Thanks

        I don't know Ed Hamrick

For what it's worth, I have worked with Ed as a programmer in
another field, and can attest that he is one of the nicest,
most generous-spirited people who you could hope to meet in
person as well as on the net, as well as one of the best
programmers.

I use VueScan these days because the interface has improved -
usually I scan slides raw, using the color adjustments from
time to time for slides & almost always using whitepoint when
I get an itch to do negatives. Earlier, I left VueScan alone
(except for for problem pictures) because I liked Insight's
UI better, but didn't blame Ed for that. When he turned his
attention to UI, this aspect quickly acquired the features I
needed.

I have also supported multiple platforms as a programmer, and
can attest that it isn't easy. To do this and handle user mail
at the same time is an almost sure recipe for burnout; in fact
user mail alone is often sufficient (it happened to me doing
both in computational chemistry, and I observed a half-life of
1 year in others doing it).

Bill Ross

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.