Re: filmscanners: analog gain (nikon ls-2000) and negative film

In a message dated 3/12/2001 2:43:26 AM EST, jules@popmonkey.com writes:

> there's one thing that's really perplexing to me.  why is analog gain
>  adjustement of the nikon ls-2000 not available for negative film (both
>  vuescan and nikonscan seem to ignore it when scanning negative film)?

It works fine with VueScan, and I'm pretty sure it works fine
with NikonScan as well.  In VueScan, just turn off "Auto exposure"
and set the "RGB exposure" manually.  You'll see the raw scan
get brighter or dimmer when you change this option, regardless of
whether you're using negative film or slides.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.