Re: filmscanners: analog gain (nikon ls-2000) and negative film

----- Original Message -----
From: <EdHamrick@aol.com>

> In a message dated 3/12/2001 2:43:26 AM EST, jules@popmonkey.com writes:
>
> > there's one thing that's really perplexing to me.  why is analog gain
> >  adjustement of the nikon ls-2000 not available for negative film (both
> >  vuescan and nikonscan seem to ignore it when scanning negative film)?
>
> It works fine with VueScan, and I'm pretty sure it works fine
> with NikonScan as well.  In VueScan, just turn off "Auto exposure"
> and set the "RGB exposure" manually.  You'll see the raw scan
> get brighter or dimmer when you change this option, regardless of
> whether you're using negative film or slides.

definitely not the case here.  unless the preview doesn't show the results
for some reason (it does for positives).  i tried previews with 0, 1, 5,
even 20 for the RGB exposure with no changes in the preview.  i then ran
nikonscan and tried doing previews at -2, 0, and 2.  no change.  i switched
to positive and these huge changes started showing up.

~j

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.