Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

There's a very easy test.

There's a firm called Insight that sells mail order PCs and components in
both the US and the UK.

The US site is www.insight com, the UK site is www.insight.com/uk

Since this is the same firm with more or less the same product lines you
can do direct US/UK price comparisons.

The UK prices don't include VAT, so you have to add 17.5% on top to get
the price that consumers (as opposed to businesses) have to pay.

This will very quickly show you that the UK isn't cheap at all...

michaelk@photo-3d.com (Mike Kersenbrock) wrote:

> Stuart wrote:
>
> > >Once again, everything you say is likely true in the United States of
> > >Waste and Consumption, but it sure isn't true here in Western
> > Canada, and
> > >I bet it also isn't true in Europe, Australia, and most other places.
> > >
> > >Art
> >
> > What !!!!!!- u mean there are other countries in the world apart from
> > America ????-well blow me down .
> > Stuart (Scotland )
>
> One of the newer PC vendors in town (here in Oregon, U.S.A.) is a Tiny
> one
> from the U.K., and they advertise they have the best deals.  so I'd
> then assume that the U.K. would perhaps have even lower prices than here
> in the U.S. (and this area has generally low prices with heavy
> competition from small chains like Fry's and klone-stores on most
> every corner).
>
> Mike K.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.