Re: filmscanners: Anyone using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> My Mainboard is 133 bus, but at the time I bought it and put my system
> together Celerons were the best deal.  I'll probably upgrade to a
> Pentium III soon, and upgrade some of the memory which is PC 100 (some
> is PC133) to PC 133.  When I do that I might move to Win 2K if I can
> find the drivers for some of my legacy "stuff"..
>
> I'm more interested in stability of the system, than speed at this point.
>
> Art

When I installed Win2K I found that it detected my modem and installed
the driver of the modem itself. I thought I might need to turn my house
upside down to find my modem driver diskette. So Win2K might actually has
all the drivers included for you not so legacy legacy hardware. I did
find that my sound card works no longer. I could not locate win2k driver
for my sound card anywhere. Now my computer is voiceless.

If your mainboard is 133MHz capable you really should take all the
advantage of it now. My Minolta scanner took nearly 2 minutes to scan
a 35mm frame at full resolution on my pC-100 system (dual 550MHz CPU,
512MB PC-100 SDRAM) but with my newly assembled 933MHz single CPU 512MB
PC-133 SDRAM machine the same scanner takes only 45 seconds to scan a
frame now. What a difference! Minolta's spec says 45 seconds. I thought
it was a hoax. It turns out it is real.

Quoton

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.