RE: filmscanners: Anyone using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?

> [mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of ALLM Rose
>
> I am considering whether to reload Win98SE, WinMe or Win2000 Professional on
> my Athlon 700 (256MB SDRAM) system.  I am currently using Win98SE, Adobe
> Photoshop 6.0, printing with an Epson 870 through WiziWYG color profiles,
> and scanning images through my Nikon LS-30 with Vuescan.
>
> Does anyone see any potential conflict that would make Win2000 a bad choice?

Win2K is faster and much more reliable than Win9x. No contest at all. I use
Win2K with a
Polaroid SS35+ scanner, Epson 3000 printer, DV capture board, Wacom Intuos
tablet,
Vuescan, AdobePS 6, etc. Everything works smoothly. But before making a
decision it's a
good idea to check hardware and system compatibility:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/upgrade/

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com; http://www.bahaivision.com -- "Behind all these
manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things. The
function of art
is to reveal this radiance through the created object." ~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.