RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

What you say is true. It's your conditional I question. I don't think that
Photoshop is not using large fonts properly. It's just that it has chosen
tool dialogs (a specific Windows property of dialogs) for some of its
dialogs, and it looks like they don't size with the font size. I need to
investigate this further, programmatically, but I'm almost sure that this is
a Microsoft problem, not an Adobe problem. Maybe this weekend, I'll find
time to write a little program and find out for sure.

When a program has a bug in it because it's not handling large fonts
properly, sections of the screen get truncated, for example, words overrun
the size of buttons. This happens when controls are programmatically fixed
in pixel width, instead of being allowed to size dynamically by the system.
A program has to go out of its way to fail when the font size changes.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com