Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Please do run a survey, and post the results.  I'll happily admit I'm
wrong if I am.

Until 12 months ago, I ran my system on a 13-14" monitor (we use
different measurements in Canada, they are based upon the visible
display rather than the size of the CRT) originally running 640 x 480,
then moving to 800 x 600, when I upgraded the video card. I then
upgraded to new system with a 17" monitor and upped the resolution to
1024 x 768, which I use today. I have used Photoshop since version 2.5,
which was at least 7-8 years ago and I use it most days, so don't tell
me people don't use 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with Photoshop, because they
do, on this very list.

Art

Austin Franklin wrote:

>>> The right tools for the job.  Having a 'resolution' of at least
>>
>> 1280x1024 is
>>
>>> not untypical for most people who do image editing.  In fact,
>>
>> I'd bet most
>>
>>> on this list have 1600 x 1200.
>>>

>>   I'd bet you are wrong. Most people are using 17" monitors these days,
>> which is the sweet spot in the pricing structure right now, and although
>> people doing scanning "might" push that number a bit,
>

> How much would you be willing to bet?  "Most people" is distinctly different
> than "most people who have filmscanners", which is what this mailing list is
> about.
>
> How many people on this list do you think use PhotoShop?  I believe PS has a
> higher user interface requirements than the scanner driver, which was the
> origin of this discussion (scanner driver screen space requirements).

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.