RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

Gordon writes ...

> Ed.  Something along this line and what Hersh said earlier.
> I find the Scan memory odd.  It has really no
> advantage unless you want another file of the
> same scan.  ...

        Exactly!  Keep in mind, you, at least some of us, want another file.
If you scan into a color space, you really do not have any idea what
the scan really looks like until it is opened into Photoshop.  That is
why I turn on "saving a 1/4 res JPEG" and scan memory 'til I get it
right ... and then I turn on "full res TIFF".

        Speaking of which ... is there any chance we'll see the next version
of VS present the scan properly in "monitor space"???  To reiterate
... if you ask for AdobeRGB color space, Vuescan will show you
AdobeRGB data in monitor space ... and your scans will appear
under-saturated in Vuescan, but fine in Photoshop.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.