filmscanners: Vuescan feedback - zoom (was: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements)

>IMO providing the zoom feature just for more accurate
>cropping would be very low priority.

With all due respect, for some of us a more precise crop will help a lot with
limiting white point determination and constraining color adjustment
calculations to the desired crop areas.  For now we can fuzz that with the
buffer (and border) controls; but a precise crop is definitely worth something.

Along this line, a film strip scan with a Photosmart scanner displays the
entire strip in preview.  It can be really difficult to get a good crop
selection on one frame of a strip.  (I use a LS-30 now but started film
scanning with the original scsi Photosmart -- as did Ed!).

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/gallery.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.