RE: filmscanners: pc monitors

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Eli Bowen wrote:

>       I have lots of experience with Nokia monitors, specifically the
> 445xi Plus. I do not recommend these monitors at all. A former employee here

I hope you mean that you don't recommend the 445xi monitors at all - as
generally the better Nokia monitors are just excellent! Or at least they
used to be ... I've not bought or seen the newer ones :-)
But I'm very willint to believe that there is some bad model in the line
up specially if it's 21" and not high end.

>       If you don't get a SONY, try to get something that has a Trinitron
> tube (made by SONY). They generally seem to be superior.

Apparently that particular Nokia monitor, 445xi, does not have Trinitron
tube? But all of the better ones have (or, again used to have... maybe I
should check->...) Ok, I checked the listing at the store I've usually
used to buy most of my computer stuff. On their Nokia monitors list they
had 6 monitors: 1 TFT, 1 "normal" & 1 "Flat Screen" and then 3 Trinitron
Monitors in sizes 17", 19" and 21". The 21" monitor is 445PRO FD
Trinitron...

So, seems that whatever that 445xi Plus is, it's clearly not any higher
end Nokia monitor (maybe just a large "bussiness" monitor). I too agree
that Trinitrons are generally better (although the trinitron I'm currently
looking at is one of the worst monitors I've ever seen...). So don't buy
the 445xi Plus - buy a better Nokia with Trinitron tube. I don't think
you'll be sorry. But of course there are other good monitor makes too...

Best regards,
        Hugo.

**   Hugo Gävert                                          **
**   hugo@cc.hut.fi             http://www.hut.fi/~hugo   **
**   Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent   **
**   life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none   **
**   of it has tried to contact us.   -- Calvin.          **