Re: filmscanners: pc monitors

on 3/1/01 6:14 PM, Hersch Nitikman at hersch@silcom.com wrote:

> Also, I can vouch for the short life of an NEC. I had a 2-year-old 17"
> multiscan suddenly, irrevocably, go black on me a few months ago. Repair
> would have cost more than a replacement.
> Hersch

Anecdotal information is sometimes the best we have, but I think it is
pretty risky.  I have a 15" NEC Multisync XV15, and it has been a very nice
monitor.  It's 6 yrs old now, although that doesn't mean very much; what you
need is hours of actual use.

Does Consumer Reports or anyone else have more comprehensive data on
reliability?

-Berry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.